What is the Big Day of Giving? Each year, dozens of local non-profit organizations team up to have a BIG day (24 hours) where we all ask our communities to support the organizations that give to our community. Overall, the Big Day of Giving has collected thousands of dollars throughout the greater Sacramento area for our local non-profit organizations. Click Here to go to our Big Day of Giving page.
When is the Big Day of Giving? This year, it is on May 2nd, starting at one minute after midnight on the 1st of May and running to midnight on the 2nd of May. 24 hours where you can easily log in and give to your favorite non-profits. Of course, you don’t have to wait until the Big Day of Giving to give to Soroptimist Elk Grove. You can click on the donate button and give anytime. You can also support our fundraisers throughout the year.
Where is the Big Day of Giving? It is online, inside your computer or phone or tablet. You can click this link to get there or just type the info into your browser window. https://www.BigDayOfGiving.org/SoroptimistElkGrove.
Many organizations will join together at a central location so that you can also meet face-to-face with representatives of these organizations. We have been invited to Project R.I.D.E.’S barn from 5pm – 7pm on the evening of May 7, 2020 so stop by and say hello and make a donation.
Why should you give; what do we do with the funds raised by this fundraiser? We support the people in our community, especially girls and women. Here are some examples:
- Dream It, Be It — Career support for girls in secondary school who face obstacles to their future success. This program provides girls with access to professional role models, career education and the resources to live their dreams.
- Live Your Dream Award — The other Dream program and our club’s major project, this program assists women by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and job prospects.
- Teen Dating Violence Project — Teenagers are especially vulnerable to dating violence because they don’t always have a clear understanding of healthy vs. unhealthy relationships. To raise awareness among teenagers about teen dating violence, Soroptimist International of Elk Grove created the Soroptimist Teen Dating Violence Bookmark and other resources.
- Scholarships — We provide a scholarship for two female high school seniors through the Elk Grove Regional Scholarship Foundation. One is for a foster girl.
- Click here to learn more about our other programs.
How do you give? It is a simple process of clicking on this link, then get out your credit card and click on the big Donate Now button. You will see a set of buttons which show how we plan to use the funds that we collect. Click on the amount you want to donate, or fill in the box for any amount that you want. Answer a few questions and follow the steps to provide your credit card info. I know that we have dozens of wonderful organizations that give so much to make our community a better place to live, and I hope that you remember Soroptimist International of Elk Grove with your giving. Thank you!